12.29.2007

Raul: I'm Going To The European Championships

Newspaper headlines may sometimes give the impression that Raul (pictured) and Luis Aragones are at loggerheads, but Spanish sports daily Marca reports, this appears to be far from the truth.
For at the paper's gala Christmas dinner, the two were pictured in pleasant, animated conversation.
Marca contends that the two even exchanged light-hearted but illuminating discussions pertaining to Raul's appearance at next year's Euro 2008.
"I'm fully fit and will go to the Euros," reportedly said the Real Madrid captain.Aragones responded, "Well, you know better than me, but I'm glad that you're in form.""I'll surely be there," continued Raul.Aragones, changing the subject, concluded, "I see that you're confident... we'll see."
Indeed, we will see by June, if not before, whether or not Raul can make an international comeback.

Steve Michaels, Goal.com

No comments: